Fall is almost here, that means cooler temperatures, the St Louis Cardinals playing in October, and pumpkin flavored everything!
Along with all the fun things that come with the season, it’s time to start thinking about next year’s lawn. Now is the best time to mend all the weak spots in your lawn that have popped up over the Summer months. It is especially important this Fall, with the extremely wet July and August we just experienced in St Louis.
There are multiple services you can have performed to your lawn to bring it back to Spring-like conditions. These include core aeration, dethatching, power raking, over seeding, re-seeding and applying a good quality starter fertilizer.
It’s important to not just go “through the motions” when doing any of these services. How can you make sure it’s done right? Glad you asked!
If you decide to get your lawn aerated…
- Make sure the operator overlaps their passes.
- Make sure they aerate that 90 degree corner instead of sweeping past it.
If you plan on over seeding your lawn…
- It will take more than the 15 pound bag of seed from the big box store to do it correctly.
- Read the label when you purchase seed and know what is actually in the bag.
- Make sure you are getting seed and not the brands “proprietary” coating and filler.
If all this seems daunting, you can contact the professionals at M&M Lawncare and Landscape to assist you, from aerating and dethatching to re-seeding and fertilizing. We’ll be more than happy to help you.